Community Manager Appreciation Day is coming up on January 26, 2015 (January 27 here in Australia).
Community management professionals and advocates around the world are gathering together for 24 hours worth of Google hangouts on different topics and issues. (Here’s the epic team that pull it all together).
The Hangout-a-thon covers everything from moderation, to crisis management, to content development, to building community for start-ups and then some – a chatty crash course in hot topics and timely issues, explored by both veterans and newcomers.
Hang out with us!
I’m excited to be hosting of the hangouts again this year (last year we ran a panel on the resurgence of owned communities). It’s precisely because communities are hotter than ever (and the sector has matured considerably), that we’re focusing this year on how to help businesses launch successful online community models.
That starts with knowing if you’re ready to launch a community.
Just as in life, there’s no magic-bullet, ‘ready’ moment – and if you wait indefinitely you may miss a golden opportunity. But there are some helpful checks and balances to work through if you’re looking at investing capacity and funding into a community of some kind.
Monday, January 26th, 2015
Joining me is a global panel of brilliant community builders: Julie Delaforce, Justin Isaf, Hugh Stephens and Jessica Malnik.We’ll be looking at why businesses and organisations are attracted to online communities to begin with.Then we’ll dive into the following questions:
1. How can an organisation know it it’s “ready” to build a community?
2. What are the most common mistakes businesses and organisations make when trying to launch or build a community?
3. What are the solutions to avoiding these mistakes?
4. What are some of the lesser known risks or challenges in creating a community – and why should we pay attention to them?
5. Once you have a community successfully up and running, how can you stress test it for growth, scale, risk and other factors?
6. How often should you reassess and check in on how robust your community is at dealing with the various pressures (social, market and other) that it will be exposed to?
Join in (or catch up later)
If you’ve got insights to share, want to hear from some incredible community professionals, or have questions to ask, we’d love to see you there.
RSVP for the panel here (that way you’ll get a calendar reminder)
Join the panel live or watch the recording if you can’t make it on the day.